Purpose of the Association
Create an international society among academics and scholars devoting their research (totally or partially) to economic, social and management issues of the wine sector.
- Favor academic research in various disciplines of social sciences, where wine is an important factor in the research.
- Network wine researchers aiming to conduct international research projects.
- Support academic journals related to wine business, particularly the International Journal of Wine Business Research (ex International Journal of Wine Marketing) edited by Emerald.
- Organize or promote workshops and conferences at international, regional and local levels (for instance by supplying a body of scientific reviewers and examiners.
- Develop the existing UniSA Wine Marketing Database and make it accessible to researchers.
One major objective is to promote the scientific quality and the coverage of the new IJWBR. The association will have close links with the editorial board and the scientific committee of the Journal.
The Web side will provide academic reviews of wine papers, books and contains all the papers presented at the six conferences (Adelaide 2003, Sonoma 2005, Montpellier 2006, Siena 2008, Auckland 2010, Bordeaux 2011).